Jesus Christ is uniting our community of HeartStone in its Vision and Mission so that all might find a place of welcome, prayer and loving outreach when in need.
Coronavirus update 15th January 2021:
All parish communal activities inside and outside our churches will cease until further notice. There are no Sunday masses from this weekend on until further notice, no weekday masses, no Wednesday prayer opening, no morning prayer and no zoom masses until I have reviewed making this a time of rest for our volunteers.
This is so that we keep each other safe and all encourage each other seriously to
- Stay At Home – the fewer social contacts the better so church contacts will now cease
- Act with each other as though we had the virus – it is as though this now is a new virus, faster to transmit, dangerous to younger people, and the numbers are drastic and deadly as to who has it, who is transmitting without knowing it and without symptoms
- All Playing Our Part – this is also our witness to the wider society that we are seriously in solidarity with everybody else who, in sacrifice and responsibility, is going the extra mile to protect lives, ease the pressures on the care services and NHS, and reduce the R rate.
- Though government restrictions do not (yet?) prevent churches opening for communal worship, and the Archbishop has not demanded it but declared it is for the local pastors to decide, in consultation with our Vison Team leaders and some mass-goers, I am sure this is now the right time to stop our usual activities in church, and outside communion at church, and play our part as Catholic citizens to
STAY AT HOME – MEET GOD’S PRESENCE IN HOME LIFE – WAIT ON WHAT COMES NEXT AS THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES US ALL……
In loving solidarity with you all,
Catholics are dispensed from their obligation to attend Sunday and Holy Day Masses,
but we are live streaming these via Zoom.
To participate send your email address to [email protected]
- Live-streaming of Mass continue to be available from Birkdale Catholics, or Metropolitan Cathedral’s Facebook page.
- To receive our weekly newsletter, send an email to [email protected]
- Each Wednesday you can join in a discussion of the forthcoming Sunday liturgy via Zoom by request to [email protected]
- Please share this information with Catholics who do not use social media.